Hello, beautiful people!
This isn’t a poem/song but I am sitting in my bed looking at used tour buses just dreaming. As I was looking at all these super nice tour buses I was curious if my music would ever become something greater. Will I be able to tour with people who helped me start from the beginning one day? What would a successful music career be to me? What decisions would I have to make for the sake of ‘the band’ (that doesn’t even exist right now lol)? How could I document every moment good and bad to see how far we would come? Who would make up my core team?
Some of you may be reading this thinking that I am insane but sometimes you have to let your mind dream. If I could perform at every massive music festival in the world I would probably die from excitement. But then I start to think if I became that well known and successful would I still feel the same way I feel right now? Would the dreamer side of me keep dreaming bigger ideas or would I just settle with how far I got? The thought of that scares me, honestly. As amazing as it would be to perform in large arenas all over the world I would want a show with 5 audience members to have just as much meaning as a show with 50,000 people.
All I want in my music is authenticity. Raw, real, and honest…. When I release my first demo I’ll be anxious to see people’s reactions but I don’t think I’ll be crushed if people think it is garbage. As long as the music I make meets my standards and makes me happy, then I’ll just keep on creating. I feel like when people stick with something they are truly passionate about for long enough then the harvest will come. That may mean being a small underground band or being a headliner in a festival. Who’s to say that daring to dream the big dreams won’t get you anywhere … I think as long as you keep your passion alive you can do anything you dream to do.
So here are some of my biggest most gigantic dreams (maybe one day I can look back over this list and see how my life turned out. See what I became.)
- Every song produced will only be written by me and or the band.
- Sell out the Center Stage venue (It is in Atlanta and I have attended many concerts there. I love it)
- Work with my friend Kristin on designing merch and our world tour stage.
- Be invited to the Grammys.
- Collab with Twenty One Pilots and Sia
- Buy a tour bus for our first ever American tour.
- Work as hard as I can to produce great music and live shows
- Work with my oldest brother on my music. I want him to approve and love all of it. (My brother has an amazing ear and I trust his musical instincts and his advice.)
- Be able to stand on stage and see a sea of people who I have impacted and who have impacted me.
- Have a meet & greet with fans. (Let’s get coffee sometime nonexistent fans)
- Create a live show that is full of energy that people love to see.
- Not give a crap what anyone says about my music (that is negative or demeaning)
- Have the time of my life and step out of my comfort zone for the sake of living.
If you’re still reading this, then I applaud you! You rock! I challenge you to make a list of MASSIVE dreams that may seem unlikely or impossible, then look at the list and get to work!